View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 09:45 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Totally agreed. A place to go away from a lot of serious stuff going down every day. Been quite a year.

There are occasional spats and pissing contests that break out just like everywhere else, and when I first joined a few years ago I let myself get pulled into a few. But like everything else on the internet, you are not going to "win" an argument no matter how irrefutable you think your points. So now I steer clear of all that and just try to learn more about cards and memorabilia. That doesn't mean I won't express an opinion however.

There are some folks here unfailingly negative about every aspect of the hobby. If I felt that way I'd find a new hobby. Life's too short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Not to get all sappy, but during this time of quarantine, I've felt really thankful for having this community. Even being relatively new, everyone here is very accepting and open. It's become part of my daily ritual before and after work to check out the new posts, and see what's going on in the community. Getting back into collecting has been wonderful, and seeing other people excited about it is always encouraging.

As someone in my mid 20's, I can count on one hand the people I know that are interested in the hobby, so It's nice to have a place where I can go to and post a new addition and see other peoples reaction to it. Thanks again for being such a great spot!

Last edited by Snapolit1; 06-05-2020 at 09:47 AM.