View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 10:21 PM

Default 1962 Topps Football Cards

Hello. I am wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question. I have some newly acquired 1962 Topps Football Cards. They are in very nice condition. They appear to be small than the 2 1/2 inch by 3 1/2 inch. It is not consistent but there do seem to be ones that I think are smaller in size than they should be. I am using a 6 inch metal ruler. Was this year known for minimally smaller sizes, either horizontal or vertical. I would normally think they were trimmed or mini-zero for whatever reason but these are really nice cards and not ones that I believe have been altered. They appear to be cards that would normally have graded either NM-MT (8) or NM only because of the centering. The corners and edges are very nice. There are no color alterations either. Any thoughts? When I say smaller, I am talking about 1/32nd to as much as 3/32nds. I am just wondering if there are sets of 1962 Topps Football Cards that were not the exact correct size out there that PSA would still grade as high grades.

Thanks!