View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 09:32 AM

Default Brooks Robinson PSA Master Set - 1965

Good morning. Happy Sunday! As promised, this week I will cover the 1965 items included in the 1965 Brooks Robinson PSA Master. When looking at the picture, the first item top left is the Topps Transfers. This item was inserted into Wax Packs. The set includes 72 different players either blue or red. They are very difficult to find in nice condition. This one is tied as the highest graded at a PSA 8. The 1965 Embossed card was also an insert with 72 different players (again, red or blue). They are condition sensitive. There are 24 graded as a PSA 8 with 3 graded higher. Next is the 1965 Rawlings MVP Premium. I do not think this item is rare, but there are only two graded. I had this one added to the Master, which celebrates Brooks 1964 MVP selection. I have not seen others but I believe there is a similar one for Ken Boyer. Next, there are the two 1965 Brooks Bazooka items. The Panel is in good shape but only grades as a PSA 4. The hand cut single is really nice. It graded as a PSA 8. Both Bazooka's are very affordable. I am sure a 1965 Brooks Bazooka Complete Box is out there but I have never seen one and PSA has not graded one to date. If anyone has one that they can't stomach anymore, I am your guy. Below the Bazooka hand cut card is the 1965 PSA 9 Old London Coin. This coin is tied for highest graded. These were made in Canada and included 40 players. There are 10 PSA 9s. This coin was very expensive but finding nice ones are affordable. I have a sealed one ungraded...should I send it into PSA for a possible PSA 10? At the bottom are the 1965 Topps and O-Pee-Chee 1964 AL RBI leaders. Both are graded pretty nice. They are pretty expensive at a higher grade. I have pretty much given up on upgrading these. The O-Pee-Chee has only 4 graded higher while the Topps one has 74 over a PSA 8. The PSA 9 Orioles Team card is nothing special. I am a big fan of the color. There are 3 PSA 10s out there. The 1964 AL Batting Leaders are next. The O-Pee-Chee is graded at PSA 4.5 and surprisingly very hard to find at a higher grade and quite expensive. Never could figure this one out (there are 20 graded higher but I can't seem to find one). The Topps version has 239 graded as PSA 8 and another 62 graded higher. I have made reasonable offers for a PSA 9 but seem to fall short. Finally, you see the 1965 Topps and O-Pee-Chee regular Brooks cards. The Topps version has 114 cards graded at PSA 9 and only 6 PSA 10s. The O-Pee-Chee is graded as a PSA 8 and there 5 others at that grade and only 6 graded higher. The Topps PSA 9 is a pretty expensive. Well, that is the 1965 list. I look forward to comments and additions to other Brooks items such as the team issued photos and post cards. See you next week with the 1966 Brooks items in the "Master."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1965 Pictures.jpg (76.5 KB, 181 views)