View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 02:47 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoPoto View Post
Prosecutors generally don't have to prosecute cases that are likely to succeed. Instead they use the threat of prosecution to force the company to "voluntarily" make changes necessary to prevent recurrance of the proscribed activity. If Brent and Betsy "dance" perfectly, they may be able to blame "everything" on him, transfer his control/interest to her, commit to internal controls designed to prevent recurrance, and pay a whopping fine. The company could then go forward, led by Betsy and/or a new CEO.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Would this be discoverable if something like this were to occur? I could see how something like this could be on the table if the crimes were somewhat negligible, but if you read the allegations on Blowhard, we're talking about levels of fraud that far exceed that of what even Mastro did. If all (or even just the majority of) those allegations are true, might they still pursue such a soft punishment? I just have a difficult time buying the idea that PWCC committed massive fraud and that Brent just received a slap on the wrist because that's just how these things go.