View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Default "My relationship with JP Cohen and Memory Lane"----From Marshall Fogel.

Posted By: MikeU

"In my opinion, it is one thing to take issue with the substance of Mr. Fogel's defense of Mr. Cohen (and I do), it is quite another to speculate that his motives are less than pure or that his sentiments (although we may believe they are misguided) are less than genuine."

Lets not be naive, taking issue with the substance and questioning motives are not very far removed. I clearly defined why I personally feel the motives may be less than pure. I certainly could be wrong, but those questions are without doubt in my mind. They should be in the mind of any collector that puts 5 minutes of thought into the matter e.g.:

1. Fogel does work for PSA.
2. MemoryLane is a significant customer of PSA's.
3. MemoryLane's auctions are nearly 100% PSA cards.

I am not trying to bash PSA, if that is what you are truly trying to defend. What I can tell you is that MemoryLane will never get another penny from me. Cohen's crimes, in my mind, are entirely too contrived and evil for me to personally ignore. Financially, I am very conservative and socially I am liberally responsible. I have personally done many things in my life that I regret and I have family members and friends that have also contributed to the wrongs of society. None of which comes close, in my mind, to the scams of J.P. Cohen. Add that to the fact that there are several other industry sources that provide more cards than I can ever personally afford and it makes it an easy choice for me not to use MemoryLane, regardless whether or not Cohen is "born again."