View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Default OK, so after your dead.....

Posted By: Mike

In my will and trust agreements, my attorney has been instructed who gets what, and when. My wife has been left a nationally known dealer's name, whom she can contact, and trust, and whom I have been close to for 20 years or so. Memorabilia is no different than any other material object, it can be spelled out on paper. It is imperative that people put things in writing, so as to limit the amount of confusion after one dies. I have seen many family members go to war after an untimely death, and bicker and fight over the things left behind. After I leave, I couldn't care less about "baseball cards" but the ones left behind still have to deal with things, and it helps if all is spelled out beforehand. (my son is my memorabila recipient). He has a love for it, as I do. The dealer is my advisor. And will help my son or wife dispose of things if necessary. I trust them, to do what is right.

The IRS need not know a thing. It's none of their business. Why would anyone drag them into this ? My wife is savvy enough to deal with them, as is my son. Mum is the word....