View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 02:41 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
I started collecting vintage about 10 years ago. The town I lived in had 2-3 LCS, and I could go in and maybe find something. Then I moved to a town, and the closest LCS is 3 hours away. The only way to find vintage was to shop eBay, and we all know that eBay is sometimes a scam, or sellers think their items are Egyptian treasures that ought to pull 400% more than its worth (BTW, those are some of my favorite threads when a member posts those items on this forum). Once I found this forum, the amount of vintage available to me opened up by 5000%. I had never even seen a T206 at any LCS I'd ever been too. There are too many to count on Net54. I really like it here because the possibilities are endless for learning and collecting.
I'm consistently amazed by the amount of vintage items that pop up here. I can't remember who posted it, but the other day someone was selling a 1914 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson card. Some of these items floor me. I really need to hit lotto or work a 2nd and 3rd job if I ever want to buy some of these wonderful pieces. Also to your point, you would think the NY metro area would have tons of placs to buy vintage cards, it's sadly quite the opposite. I'm looking forward to many more years on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
It's all what you make it. I prefer to have a positive mental attitude about most things. If you love collecting old baseball cards and memorabilia it's a great place (of course I am biased).
I try to have that positive attitude as well Leon. And I think you're allowed to be a little bit biased