View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 10:11 AM
Tim Odeen

Default OT Items People Gifted.... not as expected

I thought of this story as I was reading about the greatest showroom barn memorabilia room, on another thread. What a showroom! It was built for grandma who was a collector, and upgraded for a showroom years later.

Anyway, my 93 year old grandma moved out of her house two years ago, which meant the house and its items needed to be removed. I'm a millennial who is into antiques and vintage, and I guess my cousins are not. So grandma kept asking me if I wanted stuff. 99% was very cool. Art, keepsakes, a China hutch.

My wife went to a baby shower for a family member without me, and at the baby shower my aunt asked her if we were interested in another antique from my grandma's showcase. My wife said yes and accepted the gift sight unseen. When she came home and opened it, it was a kitsch salt and pepper shaker of a donkey. We display it loud and proud right inside our front entrance! It makes us laugh every time we look at it. It's not really our type of antique, but it's the thought that counts!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200616_091403.jpg (69.9 KB, 39 views)
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 06-16-2020 at 11:57 AM.