View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
we dont know...however if the indians did come up with advanced technology, are you saying they wouldnt take the chance to take over land from another culture that didnt? It goes on and on...

If it took 6 billion years to come up with space travel, the sun is burning out in 5 billion years by the way..

Thus, bird in the hand, the culture that can get the human race off earth and avoid extinction I will take over the the wait of another culture. At least I would not vilify the culture that can lead man to space and other issues that advance the human species. Its not like Indians became extinct now, far from it.

Not sure what you mean about Asians and Europeans who are already part of space travel but yeah i would support them too if they were the ones in North America first and created their own country at expense of the Native Americans..
I'm sure Indians would have taken land from others but that has nothing to do with what I'm asking about. My point about Asians & Europeans is simply that their technology advanced rapidly independent of what was going on in Americas. The father of the US space program grew up in Germany & if he never went to the States he would have practiced his craft somewhere in Europe. Basically I'm saying that if it was European brain power in the US that led to space travel then those same minds could have done the same thing if they never left Europe.

The sun will become too hot for earth far sooner than five billion years. Even so, once European civilization reached the technological level of the first century Romans it only took about 2,000 years to reach space. The Incas were pretty close to that level as were the Maya & Aztecs. It was Europeans who put an end to their progress (for the Incas and Aztecs, at least).

Last edited by howard38; 07-24-2020 at 03:42 PM.