View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:42 AM
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
David is pretty much spot on with his analysis between BGS 9.5's, 10's and PSA 10's.

With BGS 9.5's and PSA 10's, there is still a little bit of wiggle room for defects, albeit a very small amount. What Beckett did was up the ante and create a Pristine grade (10) where the card is virtually perfect, or as perfect as a card can be...IMO a very smart tactic. There are cards in PSA 10 holders that would qualify for a BGS 10, but since PSA doesn't offer anything above the "Gem Mint" designation, it tops out as such. Some people will gladly pay a lot more for a Pristine card than a Gem Mint and that is their choice, but most of the time a Gem Mint will do just fine.

Not sure if the OP knew this, but SGC offers a Pristine grade as well...a 100 grade.
I wasn't aware of the SGC designator. To be honest, I thought PSA and BGS were the most respected of the card grading companies. Is SGC up there as well?

Looking for anything Bagwell or Biggio. Also interested in Don Wilson, JR Richard, Jimmy Wynn, Glenn Davis, Mike Scott, Ken Caminiti, Cool Papa, Paige, and DiMaggio. Framed auto's are a plus. Also, any Type 1's of Josh Gibson.

"I had to fight all my life to survive. They were all against me, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."- Ty Cobb