View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 11:14 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
I would imagine they will incorporate an opt-out mechanism once the service gets an official price tag.

And I would also guess it will happen eventually, but I haven't yet made a purchase through eBay which has had to go through the authentication process. I understand that the additional processing time is at least not unreasonable at this point. For over $250, most anything that I would buy is already going to be graded by PSA or SGC; I can't remember the last time I bought a raw card that expensive online. So hopefully most of those would be no-brainers in terms of going to the authenticators with a proper description.
I can't imagine there ever being an extra charge for the authentication process. I believe it is already built into their fees. They also have to be saving a ton of money with all the hassles/scammers it removes from the buying/selling process.

It has been going on it cards for 14 months and it started with sneakers 2 1/2 years ago. I think if there was going to be an extra fee it would have been added by now.