View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 12:19 PM
Alan Strout

Default 1962 Brooks Robinson items

Charlie,

More great Brooks Robinson items. I especially like the Venezuelan card. I don't collect graded cards, but even finding a decent looking ungraded card is near impossible.

Here's a couple additional items and information.

Jays Publishing Photos

I've done a lot of research on the Jays photo packs. The 1962-1965 sets are often lumped together because of their similar style. PSA obviously doesn't try to separate them by year. The photo of Brooks in the batting pose is 1962, the kneeling pose is 1963 and the hands on knees pose is from 1965. Here is the 1964 photo.

1964 Jays 06 - Copy.jpg

Post Cereal Cards

As I mentioned last week, most Post Cereal cards come with various cropping variations based upon the product they were on. The 1962 Brooks Robinson comes with two variations. One shows more fingers on the bat than the other.

1962 Post Cereal #1 - Copy.jpg

1962 Salada Coins

Salada did several different printings of the 1962 set. The original set consisted of 180 coins (10 coins each of the 18 teams). With the expansion of the NY Mets and Houston Colt 45's, the set was redone to include them, making the set 200 (10 coins of the 20 teams). Trades, additions & deletions of some players and printing variations ballooned the set to 265 different coins. The main point being that the coins can be found with backs that say 180 coins or 200 coins. The 200 coin backs are much more plentiful. Since Brooks was in both printings, he can be found with both backs. One problem with Salada coins is the ease in which the paper inserts can be switched. All the Orioles have orange coins. Any Orioles with a different color have been switched.

Here are a few more items from 1962 you might want to look for

1962 Team Issued Postcard & 8x10 Tadder Photo

1962 Postcards 06 - Copy.jpg Robinson, Brooks 4 - Copy.jpg

1962 Baseball Monthly Photo

Robinson, Brooks (Baseball Monthly) - Copy.jpg