View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 10:16 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Now that 2019 is almost over, I thought it would be cool to list some of our goals for 2020. Try to be specific on what you're looking to achieve, maybe even your white whales so to speak. I'll start.

1. Complete 1934 Gashouse Gang project. At the start of November, I needed just 2 autographs to complete. Since I don't consider a project complete until I actually have everything in hand, I'm still working on it. (but more soon and hope to complete by the end of this month).

2. Complete 1969 Cubs project. I actually have all of the hard autographs, so if this one isn't complete by the end of 2020, it's only because money has been diverted to other projects. Ive tried to get as many of the 1969 topps cubs cards signed and will also have some cuts and postcard sized signed photos as well.

3. Complete the 1919 Black Sox project. I currently have 15 autographs from the players and members of the conspiracy, and I'm thinking I'm going to cap this project at either one or two more autographs so that I can get it up on the wall. I'll probably pick up one at the end of 2020 and then get the whole thing matted and framed with an extra spot for a name plate, which can be replaced if I ever get the 2nd autograph.

4. Catfish Hunter win tickets. This is a project I recently started, and one that I feel will be a lot of fun, a challenge, and a project I can work on for many years. I also will be picking up a lot of other Catfish items and all used for a display in my memorabilia room.

5. Get my memorabilia room to the point I can share pictures with all of you. As anyone with a memorabilia room can tell you, it's always a work in progress, and after several years of standing still (I've been working on other areas of the house as well) It's finally making progress again. Keep an eye out for the memorabilia room thread in 2020.

6. Always looking for vintage Yankees and Brooklyn Dodgers signed magazines. This one often goes on the back burner as money allows.

This makes for a pretty ambitious 2020 considering my modest collecting budget these days, but it just means I have to be focused and look for bargains. I think, with some luck, they can be completed.

What's your 2020 going to look like?
I know it's only October, but I thought I'd bring this thread back so we can see where we're at on our 2020 goals during this very tough year.
Here goes:

1. I have completed the 1934 Gas House Gang Cardinals, and only need to mat and frame it. Probably around tax time in 2021.

2. 1969 Cubs. I've only added 3 players this year, but they're all easy to get...maybe too easy. You know collectors always like a challenge. LOL
The big pickup was the 1969 Cubs/Mets black cat game ticket stub. Thanks again to Scott Garner for making that available.

3. Complete the 1919 Black Sox project. This was never going to be a complete project, but I have two more names before I call it quits. My wife as already said I should get them for Christmas, so I'm looking forward to that. Will probably get it matted and framed at the same time as the 1934 Cardinals.

4.Catfish Hunter win tickets. Picked up a few this year, but this one is an ongoing project that should last several years and will be part of a Catfish display I'm making. In that regard, I did pick up a Catfish signed magazine to go along with my others for that same display.

5. Ah yes, the Memorabilia Room. I've actually been working on this one recently...going through drawers to find stuff I can display. Last week, I picked up two additional display racks, and have some other items coming to help display magazines.

6. Picked up 2 signed Brooklyn Dodger magazines. Was also happy to pick up another single signed baseball and also a Bert Hamric auto.

So far, I feel pretty good about my collecting year. How about you?
1955 Dodger Autographs...41/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete