View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 10:39 PM

Default Selling Thoughts

Sorry if you already know this, but just in case.

On eBay you can see what previous cards have sold for over the last three months in order to get a rough estimate of the going eBay price. Click on the "advanced" button to the right of the search button and click the "sold listings" box. If a price has a line through it then the seller and buyer agreed on a price. To find that price, click on the listing and copy the eBay item number which is about 12 numbers long on the right side, part way down the page. Then go to watchcount.com, paste the number in the Keywords box and click "Show me what's most popular".

What most members would like to see happen is for you to list your cards here for slightly less than the eBay going price. However, you would still make more money through a private sale since you won't pay the eBay 10% fee and possibly PayPal's 2.9% +.30 if you use the Friends and Family (F/F) option. Depending on the price, the buyer may elect not use the F/F option since the buyer has no recourse if something goes wrong with the transaction and just ask you to send him an invoice via PayPal.

I just learned all this a few months ago as I'm trying to get back into the hobby after a 20 year hiatus. There are many a folk here that know more than me and probably PM'd you with advice, but it sounds like you've done your research. I would hate for you to get cheated on your Dad's collection. We all look forward to seeing how it turns out.