View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 12:40 PM
J@son Per1

Cool thread. Congrats on the cross over. It looks nice in the SGC holder. I have always used the +1 rule on BVG as opposed to PSA or SGC in terms of relative grading toughness. If I had to take the over or under on that assumption in terms of toughness as well as resale value, I would take the over and call it 1.25. Which suggests that I don’t think there would be any resale value for the SGC 4 as opposed to the BVG 5.5. It’s debatable but if you’re asking if you increased the value of this card with the crossover I would opine respectfully that no you didn’t.

That all said, as a collector it seems to fit what you are after. I happen to own 4 BVG slabs. Everything else is PSA or SGC or raw. My BVGs are: Bob Gibson RC 5.5 that I think could cross to a 5 due to the centering and sub grades. Al Kaline RC in a 5 that wouldn’t cross to better than a 4 IMO. The other two slabs are McCovey RC 4.5 and Palmer RC 4. Neither is worth the bother to cross. In fact I doubt I wold ever cross any of them. BVG slabs are like fort knox to crack open aren’t they?