View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 09:59 AM

Default Eder Mfg. Co., Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCardGuy View Post
I think I've found a new manufacturer of pennants in the 40s-50s. Eder Mfg Co.

They're still in business today...the largest manufacturer of flags and flagpoles in the USA. But they started out making pillows, felt pennants and rag dolls.

https://ederflag.com/pages/about-us

I wonder what other pennants they might have produced.
Eder Mfg. Co. has been around for more than a century; however, until now, I've never known them to make anything other than collegiate and travel/souvenir pennants. Your discovery tells us that wasn't entirely the case.

I bought a turn of the century Notre Dame pennant with their label on it a few years ago. When I learned that the company was still in operation, I reached out and shared my purchase with them. They were pleased to see it. Today they only make flags and flag pole accessories. I asked when they last made felt novelties, and they really didn't know. She guessed they had stopped making pennants by the 1940s....

If I had to guess, this Braves pennant was likely made in 1952'ish, when everyone in Milwaukee had contracted Braves fever. I seriously doubt Eder made other pennants for other professional sports teams. Eder simply made it because they were the hometown pennant maker, and the demand existed.

Most of their labels from the 1910s look like this one, below.

Thanks for sharing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-01-09 085539.jpg (43.5 KB, 281 views)