View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 01:25 PM
Martin
Martin L.ee

I'm mostly a vintage collector but I always keep my eyes and ears open to the modern card collecting/investing market. It helps me understand the psychology behind what's driving the overall card sales.

It appears the market is as hot as ever in March 2020.
This YouTube vlogger does statistical analysis on actual eBay sales data. Take a few minutes to watch this video and you'll see some of the card market activity which has been as good as 300% increases on certain cards.

How does it correlate to the current state of the stock market? I think people are pulling money out of stocks and parking the cash in cards. (something younger people would risk)

How does it correlate to the vintage card market? A lot of these collectors/investors graduate to older cards. It's the evolution of a collector.

What does it mean for most Net54 members? Not much. We are a usually frugal and a suspicious bunch who keeps our niche part of the market slow and steady.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X3Cx9Dfly6s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>