View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 10:42 AM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
Thanks for posting the list.

I think they could have easily expanded the list to include Pete Alonso (could make 500 HR club), Carlos Correa, Jose Ramirez, Francisco Lindor, Christian Yelich, Jose Altuve, and Xander Bogaerts.

I think Goldschmidt is pretty much a lock at this point.
I cannot see Yelich making the HOF. Altuve and Correa have forever been tainted by the WS cheating incident. I will be appalled if they make the HOF and PED users are left out. What hypocrisy that would be. --I advocate for inclusion of PED users, for transparency--

As for Jayson Stark's list, I am shocked Votto is considered a lock, and I am a Reds fan. In comparison to his 1st Base contemporary peers, he is pitted against Miggy Cabrera and Pujols. There are still lots of critics of Votto who just don't care about the OBP darling. If he was on a powerhouse team, say the Yankees or Red Sox, his stats would certainly be more padded than they currently are. So he has that going for him. But his numbers 2000 hits / 345 HR / 1100 RBI are nowhere similar to other 1st Basemen that are producing at higher levels. I agree with the prior posts -- there is a chance that Goldschmidt will outshine Votto. In my own projections, I think Votto is a last year on ballot type selection, or even a veterans committee pick.

On a different subject, look at the list of LOCKS for pitchers. WOW. Eye popping.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 05-26-2023 at 10:44 AM.