View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 08:31 AM

Default New to grading, question...

Hello, I've recently rediscovered the joy of baseball cards. What a learning curve since I last collected in the mid 80's. I was heartbroken when I went into the Navy in 1986 and my dad gave all my cards to his new wife's kids. I had a complete set of every Topps set from 1976 through 1985. Some cases, multiple sets and tons of extras. They were in great condition. Straight into what we called "cheese boxes" then. Anyway...

I just started again in 2019. I've had one experience with grading and it was a negative one, with Beckett. Is there really a big difference between the companies, or is it just preference? I've noticed in my research that the sell difference between graded and non-graded was vast. I've got a lot of great cards I want to get graded and slabbed, but trying to figure the pricing of these companies is frustrating. Is there a respected graded service that will give a discount for more cards? I want to get them done but don't want to take out a second mortgage. Any strategies or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Jesse W; 08-28-2021 at 08:32 AM.