View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Ringking I hope this is not going to be another failure.
There have been several attempts in the past to start an autograph auction site.
ebay still has the market cornered.
I sell regularly on ebay. I sell to collectors all over the world. I never did that before ebay came along. They have such a hold on the market that it is a longshot for any startup to take them on.
And about authenticators, there are new authenticators coming out of the woodwork, seemingly every other day.
Do you know what their money back guarantee will consist of? What if the new company says the item is authentic and PSA says it is not. Does that qualify for the money back guarantee?
I would only hope for total success for these ventures but the failures of the past make me really skeptical that any new auction site or new legitimate authentication company can succeed and break the stranglehold of ebay and the alphabet soup authentication companies.
Richard,
Great points. The people that have went up against Ebay, have done it wrong. There are many auction houses that are doing well on speciality websites, ie, signed books, abebooks.com for instance has over 60 signed harper lee first editions.... Why are these not on ebay? Because people are getting more on the site. Another website that sells antiques has over 700 thousand bidders. That's a lot of people. People are SICK and TIRED of dealing with ebay.

As far as authentication goes, it will be taken on with a case by case basis. (as far as PSA or JSA refunds go)

NOTHING will be done VIA scan, N-O-T-H-I-N-G!