View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Russ

Default Jake Beckley Old Judge Cabinet

Something in Joe_G.’s post, A Fantasy Poll for Old Judge Collectors, caught my attention. He mentioned in the part about Super Sized HOFers that the only known Old Judge cabinet of Jake Beckley was in a museum. What caught my attention was that I have had an Old Judge cabinet of Jake Beckley in my collection for about 20 years. I had traded a dealer at a card/autograph show in Richmond, Va, a Nolan Ryan rookie card for it. After a few e-mails with Joe and Jay Miller it appears I may have gotten the better part of the trade. They said that the only O. J. Beckley cabinet they knew of was in the Baseball Hall of Fame. That one is of Beckley on the St. Louis Whites in the fourth pose, “Stooping to catch ball knee high.” The one I have is the third pose, “Catch, hands held out neck high.” Jake is in a St. Louis uniform and listed as being on the “Pittsburghs.” It does have tape stains at both the top and the bottom of the cabinet. I thought you might like to see this “new” discovery. Sorry, not for sale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jbeckleyN173.JPG (29.3 KB, 449 views)