View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 04:30 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

I purchased a Mel Ott 4-on-1 exhibit recently (Covid) and it got lost in USPS purgatory. I opened a did not receive case after 3 weeks. The Seller was really upset with the usps and went down to the post office the following Monday, I also went to my post office that day. Of course the post office couldn't do anything other than say it was somewhere between there and here. The seller and I had such a great exchange along the way, we talked about him going to Woodstock in '69 and how my girlfriends Family started "The Hog Farm", and whether Joe Cocker or Carlos Santana put on a better show that day. Hell, he even had a 70th birthday that week which we both laughed about. I told him to not worry about the card and that the power of positive thinking would make that card show up, and since he was on a fixed income, if it didn't show up he could just refund me what he would have made on the card. I enjoyed every bit of our conversations and would love to have spent a couple hours with him talking baseball over a wee dram.

A little over two weeks later the card arrived.

Sometimes these things have a way of working out with a little patience and integrity...

Last edited by Casey2296; 09-18-2020 at 06:19 PM.