View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Default Mastronet action

Posted By: jay behrens

I've been on eBay since almost day one and snipering usually mean a cheaper price unless you get a couple people dropping in huge prices to ensure a win. Back before sniper services, most people just placed their max bid and never looked back. What this lead to was seller using shill accounts to fish for the max bid. They would use one account to find the max bid, then make a bit with another account to force the high bidder to max out his bid. In the early days of eBay, most people detested people that sniped auctions. Once they realized that they were getting things for less than if they just placed a bid early everyone started switching to sniper services.

i can remember the early days and I was heavily into toys at the time and most toy collectors really frowned on sniping, but eventually everyone switched to sniping becuase that was the only way you were really going to be able to ensure that you got the item you wanted at a decent price without someone running up the bid on you.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.