View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 05:28 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
AND THERE IT IS.A 100% concrete reason why someone would create this card for Two Hundred Bucks. ( maybe it should read a 200% concrete reason). Because Maybe......
As for the pixels 48 leafs fakes are printed 82 Ripkin fakes are printed, why not print this?
I took the OP post about card stock to mean it was on what looked like normal card stock but weighed about half what a real gold coin should. Which to me raised a Red Flag.
Maybe I am a skeptic and raise the Red Fag quickly ( but to be fair someone else raised one 2 hours before me) but I believe it is better to stand ready with the red flag than to hang the lollipop flag out.

Anson, thanks for the reply.

Jonathan, the printing experts have stated it would cost a lot of money to make it appear like a 19th century card. I assume they mean it would cost more than $200. $200 is what it will probably cost to buy Jay and Henry dinner (ha-ha). Without anymore input from the OP, I'm going to lose interest in this topic. He hasn't offered it for sale that I know of, and I'm not 100% sure he even has it in hand at this point. Rob