View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 04:12 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Jeff...
Even though I have no lineup cards in my collection, I agree with everything you said. It must be fun to acquire one and then find out if there was historical significance to that game. Or better yet, do the research in advance, and pounce on an item that nobody else fully appreciates.

I think Line-up Cards are way cooler than Programs for two key reasons...

1. There are only two per game, as opposed to a plethora of Programs
2. They resided in the Team Dugout, and were a working part of the actual games

Great niche... wish I would've pursued it harder when the income could support it.
99% of the time I look up the games and discover that nothing of note happened, but occasionally I find something interesting. Just today I picked up a small lot of 5 lineup cards that happened to have the 1st career HR for Billy Jo Robidoux. He played 173 career games over 5 seasons between Milwaukee, Chicago and Boston in the 80's, and wasn't a great player by any stretch, but for fans of the team (or maybe just relatives of his), the lineup card from his 1st career HR could be a big deal. It's not a valuable piece but I love finding items like that and finding the collector who will really appreciate it.

(And then there was the time I found Frank Thomas's 500th HR in a lot... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
I love contextual history! Very cool!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Thanks! I reading books on the era, learning more which leads to finding new items to buy, which points me towards more books to buy. I've been trying to chronicle the story of integration through collectibles, and hope to put together a website at some point in the not-too-distant future.

Last edited by Topnotchsy; 07-26-2020 at 04:12 PM.