View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
That sucks. I don't care what they label them as if they would at least be consistent with those labels. PSA sucks at labeling the 89 Fleer Bill Ripken cards also. There are several different versions they will label as "Black Scribble Over Error" and those different versions can vary in price from $10 to $1250 in the same grade.

With all the different versions I am not sure there is a realistic way for them to get it correct most of the time. With the 3 different color tints and the huge amount of difference in the darkness of the tints even in the same color of tints, then add in the stencil and box versions it really is just too much.
Ben, I think you are probably right. I do care how they label my cards though so I guess I am glad I purchased when I did and most of mine say Ad on Scoreboard. Still I think PSA owes it to customers to clarify their new labeling convention and confirm it has in fact changed. People are willing to pay more for the Scoreboard label and its not fair to suck money from customers who are assuming their cards will get the Scoreboard label designations (based on all the pictures of PSA slabbed Scoreboard labeled cards that show up when you search APR recent sales on PSA's own site). It seems like bait and switch to me. It just isn't right. I don't care where they draw the lines between their 3 defined versions so long as they are transparent with what the distinguishing criteria are and consistent with the application. Steve

Last edited by steve5838; 02-20-2023 at 07:04 PM.