View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmarks View Post
Wonderful thought Brian. Totally agree that if collectors who are interested in this situation keep there eyes open, even if it is just a handful of us, it would be tough to put it up for sale on eBay or in an auction. It is likely that Santo only appeared on the Orange Pineapple gelatin. Same with Banks although he was also on at least two pudding flavors. At least that is all we have tracked to date. Not sure how many of those boxes exist, but can't be many (I have a Santo--opened on the other side Mark ) Not sure if you have any other pictures from different angles that might be helpful. There should be traits of your box that help identify them down the road (location of price stamp, general condition of box, side box was opened, and how much of the open end of the box is gone/left.

We talked value on the phone and I would continue to seek input from Wayne as he is the most knowledgeable collector I know with current values of 1962 Jell-O (and research tools to help). My view is that we likely are not talking thousands of dollars here. Back about three years ago, at an REA auction I bought three 1962 Jell-O flats (so never had product inside them) and seems it might have cost me maybe $800. Players were Fox, T. Davis, and Malzone. Flats were in top shape. Then maybe a little before the pandemic, bought a full unopened box of 1962 Jell-O Coconut Cream Pudding with Roger Maris on it. Am pretty certain that price was short of a $1000. So as we have talked, I don't believe these boxes are worth thousands. I would be more at like $1000 max and probably less. But again, absolutely defer to Wayne and his research as bidding wars can escalate prices amazingly.

Brian-why don't you make everyone drool a little bit and post your top-tier 62 Jell-O item on this thread.
Thanks to my dear son, he was able to load 'er up, straight out of Never Cheaper By the Dozen. A genuine, unique, 1 of 1. Ken Marks will vouch for the fact that all these unfolded boxes, or "flats" as he terms them, all trace to the find of approximately 85 of these during the mid-1980s, and were each offered for sale in the November 8, 1985 issue of Sports Collectors Digest, page 215, by Lew Lipset. I rate these the best of the best among the 1962 JELL-Os. --- Brian Powell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (70.3 KB, 89 views)