View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 07:53 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsagain74 View Post
# 397 Forrest Main bought

I don't even know what a Forrest Main is, other than the fact that it had a lifetime ERA of over 5.00. But it is now the first '52 T high number I've ever owned. The fact that it's a Pirate makes it even better.

Don't understand how it happened, either. This was one of the seller's very nicest commons out of the whole lot. Clean, corners of a grade 4, and impossibly perfect centering that makes its true value an easy 5.

Yet I got it for $114, basically the same price that all his creased ones went for.

Maybe everyone turned off their Allegro for a minute

89/407
Some high numbers are just harder to obtain than others and there is also the possibility not as many were after Forest Main tonight as they were with other cards?

It's a funny hobby as you likely know? I've chased some raw cards for what has likely been months to finally get one only to see more of them a month or 2 later going for half or less than what I paid.

The same can be said for cards I've decided to sit/wait on then watch those cards explode or rise exponentially a month or 2 later with the prices never coming down again.

I think you paid a fair price for that card tonight and I honestly don't ever see it dropping much, if any, from the price you paid?
However, as you likely also know, this hobby is like a roller coaster at times so nothing is ever conclusive.

Congrats on your first high number pick up tonight. It's a very nice card.

Last edited by irv; 02-06-2020 at 07:54 PM.