View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 08:19 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Some high numbers are just harder to obtain than others and there is also the possibility not as many were after Forest Main tonight as they were with other cards?

It's a funny hobby as you likely know? I've chased some raw cards for what has likely been months to finally get one only to see more of them a month or 2 later going for half or less than what I paid.

The same can be said for cards I've decided to sit/wait on then watch those cards explode or rise exponentially a month or 2 later with the prices never coming down again.

I think you paid a fair price for that card tonight and I honestly don't ever see it dropping much, if any, from the price you paid?
However, as you likely also know, this hobby is like a roller coaster at times so nothing is ever conclusive.

Congrats on your first high number pick up tonight. It's a very nice card.
Thanks. I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek above, but the surprise was real.

The pop #s for this one are right in line with the rest though, so it doesn't seem like it's an easier card. It was likely just the fact that even though these markets are highly efficient, it's never 100%. Especially in auctions.