View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
Thanks so much for sharing. My lists are an effort to be a sort of average of my experiences over the past 4 years of searching. Maloney is a great example. I used to think he was fairly easy, and now I'm not so sure -- because when I first started looking there were several options available on the market. Actually there are three available on eBay right now, but the price is higher than the scarcity, in my opinion. So they sit there like overpriced T206 commons.

Cicotte certainly isn't difficult, but people will pay $300+ for a nice one. He is on the easy side of expensive, so to speak. Like a Hall of Famer who lived a long time. Sam Crawford is a good comp for him in terms of price and availability.
Yes, that's a very close comparison price-wise, but would definitely say Wahoo signed a touch more. Another eerie similarity between the two men is that the vast majority of all available autographs were signed in the last decade of their lives. Sam, obviously due to his rediscovery with his 1957 induction and also his TGOTT chapter. Eddie due to his reemergence from living in hiding for many years. I either own or have owned one Cicotte 3X5 signed in fountain pen which predates all the material you normally see. That's a true rarity, but alas, not one that enough people see as special enough to command a rightful premium.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 03-07-2024 at 04:26 PM.