Thread: REA results
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 06:58 AM

That 1915-17 Ruth PC was awesome (if you can get over the terrible cut border, which I could not). The price on that, as well as the 1922 Ruth PC and Ruth Exhibits, were, I think, super strong. Indeed, almost everything I was watching finished ahead of how I had it valued- but that seems to be par for the course nowadays.

That said, I was very content with the prices I got these for (I know, pot calling the kettle black to knock the cut on the Ruth PC but then happy to get this beater Morehouse Thorpe). They go well with the blank back Thorpe I picked up in Memory Lane.

The (perhaps only) steal of the auction was the t206 Tinker Bat Off, Piedmont factory 42. It is an impossible combo. There are only 3 known, this one being new to me, and by far the highest grades. An A with no borders sold at auction for almost the same thing over a year ago. Congrats Chris, great acquisition.

I thought this was a great auction and I was very happy to see REA (once again) auctioning a bunch of rare, old stuff.