View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Default There Used To Be A Ball Park

Posted By: LetsGoBucs

To build on the last post....actually I think the fan base is declining. And those sports that become disconnected with the young folks that actually play their sport will suffer in the long run.

I do believe that the clubs should be allowed to charge whatever they like.....But along with that then they can finance their own ballparks (which are nothing more than a business investment that they have successfully gotten others to fund for free). Its like me deciding that a town is big enough for a McD's...and I convince the city council to build the McD's for me and I go out and hire the workers and order the food...and tell the people that, well yes I'm earning a lot of money, but the town is so much better off now that it has a McD's.....after all if I close then people will think this is a really small town and businesses won't want to locate themselves here

There is a chance that the ability for people to resell their tickets via the internet might spur some changes in both availability and some resistance to the prices clubs charge. If those that pay $50 per ticket find that when they don't go to the game they can only get $10 per ticket they might think twice about buying the season ticket.