View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 08:46 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Yes......but those teams at least showed up.

I never recall a team in a post season series striking out 17 times in 1 game, 4 hits and 13 K's in another game, and 11 K's & only 1-hit (into the 9th) in another game.

They are 1 game away from having the worst post season series performance by a single team of all time!!!!

If this was a fight, they'd stop it.

I only know this because I just listed a ticket on Ebay, but the 1966 Dodgers got shut out 3 times in 4 games in the World Series against the Orioles. Got a grand total of 2 runs and 14 hits in 4 games.

I know. Yankees aren't doing much better.

I didn't really have high hopes for them. The way they played the 2nd half of the year, I think it's a miracle they got by Cleveland.

Cashman had a poor year even though they had a great 1st half. Just about every trade they made backfired. Benitendi and Montas ended up being busts. Bader, by some miracle became their lone post-season bright spot, even though he did absolutely nothing during the regular season. Carpenter was a good pick-up, but as soon as he got hurt, he was worse then useless.

I expect Cashman to sign Benitendi to a Jacob Ellsbury type contract, and let Judge go elsewhere, once the season is over.

....and yes, we Yankees fans whine a lot and are pretty insufferable sometimes. I thought it hilarious Yankees fans were mobbing up after the game in support of Michael Kays rant about Boone taking Gerrit Cole out of the game "early"????.....as if it would have made a damn bit of difference.

I love how armchair managers are ready and willing to take a managers head off, the second they leave a guy in for one batter too many, or one batter not enough, as if they had any additional insight about the pitching situation on the team.

Michael Kay is at the head of the class of both armchair managers AND insufferable fans. The best off-season move they could make is to get rid of that clown once and for all, and quiet the airwaves just a little tiny bit.