View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 07:45 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Hi Tony,
Great ARod glove!
I feel the same way about game used gloves, BTW. I would also add that Denny Esken is a terrific resource on the topic of game used gloves.
Nolan's 1989 glove is certainly one of my favorite pieces in my advanced Nolan Ryan collection.

Here are pics of my 1989 Nolan Ryan game used glove, which came directly from "The Express" himself.

In 1989, Nolan became the 1st and only pitcher to strike out 5,000 in a career.
He was the winning pitcher in the 1989 All Star game in Anaheim. At age 42, he became the oldest ML pitcher to ever get the "W" in the Summer Classic.
Additionally, in 1989 Nolan fanned 300 batters in a season for the 6th and final time in a career.
When Nolan retired, that was a MLB record which was subsequently tied by Randy Johnson aka "The Big Unit".
Scott,

Great Glove from a Great Pitcher! Coming from him directly makes it that much more special. I like when players wrote their numbers on their gloves back then.

Yes, Denny Esken is a great wealth of glove knowledge and also a great guy! I've had the pleasure of talking to him a lot about gloves. Him sharing his knowledge of gloves, including Arod gloves, played a big part in me obtaining this Arod glove. I hope one day he writes a book about gloves. His knowledge and the many stories he could share, would be a great read.

Tony