View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Special thanks to everyone on the board who helps with my collection

And today, special thanks to Erick Summers.

I get private messages or emails quite often when someone sees one of Howe's cards available, and I tell everyone, whether you are the first or the 50th person to tell me, I appreciate it. Today, I got a message as soon as I got to work from Erick and it started the same as all the others ....

I always just look at T206s ending today, so you probably are already on this one:

Thing was, I had looked at that lot the day it started on eBay and, blame it being tired, old age, old eyes, whatever, I didn't see the stamp on the back of the card in the group shot. With just a little more than five hours before it ended was the first time I saw that it would fit in my collection. Quick bid placed, a GavelSnipe just to make sure, and it should be soon joining the others.

Thanks to Erick for today, and to so many others on the board who point them out, let me know they found one and, in some cases, find one in their collection and just send it, saying it belongs with me. I can't express well enough how much the support and help has meant to me.

I've been on the board since basically the beginning, and have only met one member face to face. I look forward to the year when I finally get to a National and have the opportunity and pleasure of meeting a lot more of you guys who have been so helpful.

Thanks again.

Ed