View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 10:50 AM
Rob

Default The State of eBay

I troll ebay strictly for pennants and have done so pretty religiously for the past 10+ years. It used to be like shooting fish in a barrel, to the point I was spending way more money than my wife was comfortable with. There was just that much good stuff. But that all seemed to change during Covid.

I think the number of eBay trolls (this a term of endearment, not a critique) increased exponentially during lockdown and has never reverted back to the good old days when it was just me...and maybe one or two other guys. There was still plenty of good stuff, but you had to be quick on the draw to get it. Annoying for sure but not hopeless.

Fast forward to today and eBay is dead. I can go hours without searching and still only find a handful of new listings when I go back. And the good stuff has largely diseappeared, replaced by a never ending supply of cheap, redundant, modern garbage. Even when I check the sold listings, I rarely find things I'm disappointed to have missed.

Are other areas of collecting experiencing this as well? Are people not selling any more? If they are...Where?