View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis13 View Post
Are there any anchor dealers, sort of like the shopping mall business model of the 1980s/1990s. You get 2 or 3 anchor tenants: Macys, JC Penney, Dillards, and then build around it?

Are there a handful of dealers that sort of cover modern, vintage and memorabilia that you can give free space to, and then they would attract better dealers around them and customers, because people would know the show is for real?

Again, I don't know anything, but I sort of see this and think that some sort of customer/dealer tiering should be out there, like an Uber rating of sorts, so people can sort of suss out the dealers and customers without having to re-start every show.
he's usually setting up at other shows on Saturdays but Roland Belcher of LA comes to my shows when his schedule permits and he checks off all the boxes your mention. Because of the size of the room I don't give "free space" but as Matt mentioned earlier in this thread, there is a discount for multiple tables or to assist dealers who, such as Roger Neufeldt does, send out post cards to their clients for this shows. That's how I roll, others may do things differently.