View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 01:52 PM
Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I don't have a problem with e-bikes or e-scooters as a mode of transportation. My gripes are always against the type of people who tend to use them. In NYC the typical e-bike guy doesn't care about stop signs, one ways, pedestrian right of way or seems to realize they're riding a completely silent bike. Having to look both ways at a one way crossing, or having some person come out of nowhere to just miss you in the crosswalk is the norm.

But it sounds like "the bike guy" persona is universal enough that they're pretty annoying where you live too.
They absolutely are. Cycling elitists are incredibly entitled and annoying. I'm just an out of shape guy who wants to enjoy nature on infrequently used paths. I've been to NYC and have seen the insanity of e-bikes there, which is a whole different animal.

In my opinion, trails and multi-use paths in rural areas like mine should be wide open for e-bikes.