View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 01:06 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Default Site being stubborn

The site is being recalcitrant tonight. I did a full post and the autographs did not show. I redid them and the photos did not show so we will try the photos separately.

Bob Geldof - The Paradise, Boston March, 1979. I mentioned this show in a previous post.

geldof-3.jpg

Sophie B. Hawkins - one of the few outdoor shows I have done and my favorite venue as it was so casual. Hebert's Candy Mansion in Shrewsbury, MA would sponsor an event called 'Pet Rock' every year. It was to get people to adopt pets. They also had music. This was September, 2002. She had a couple of top 40 songs.

hawkins2.jpg

Jars of Clay - I like this Christian band. They had a minor hit with 'Flood'. In 2002 my small company was purchased by a Fortune 500 company. Part of the deal was that our time with the company transferred over to the new company. In one day in June I went from 2 weeks vacation to 6 weeks per year, plus sick time. I decided to drive down south - VA, MD, NC and SC to visit historic sights. I also checked concert listings to see if there was anything to go to. I saw they were playing at the Arena in Florence, SC. I joined the fan club and called their manager and asked if I could photograph the show. They were happy to do it. This is the lead singer Dan Haseltine November 4, 2002. That was a great year as two weeks after I got back from that trip I went to Australia for two weeks - Sydney and northern Queensland near the Great Barrier Reef.

jars-of-clay-1.jpg

Eddie Jobson - his signature is in the last post. This is with UK at the Orpheum in Boston October 7, 1978.

jobson-1.jpg

Joey Ramone - The Paradise Boston June 2, 1980

joey-ramone-1-1_edited-1.jpg

Brian May of Queen. News of the World tour Boston Garden November 13,

may b-1.jpg

Rick Nielson of Cheap Trick The Orpheum Boston December 15, 1978. This was their first 2500+ seat venue tour. In 1996 the band did a tour where they played each city for 3 consecutive nights. It was - first night first album, second night second album etc. plus other songs after that. I went to get them after soundcheck at The Paradise. They walked out and were signing. I had copies of each of these photos. Rick saw them and said 'Where the f*ck did you get these.' He was blown away when I told him I took them. One of the best compliments I have received from a musician.

nielson-1.jpg

nielson-2.jpg

Graham Parker - I have seen him probably 7 times, twice with the Rumour during their 2013 & 2014 pseudo reunion tours. He seems to enjoy signing autographs. Over the years I have probably gotten about 50 lps/cds/45's plus two of his books signed by him. One of the most interesting places I saw him was The Record Collector, a record store in Bordentown, NJ. A great record store that puts on concerts in the store at night with some good musicians (David Johansen, Vinny Martell, Wishbone Ash, Iain Matthews, Liberty DeVito). Very small, but very fun. I drove up from Virginia (3 + hours) to see Graham. They encourage the musicians to bring CD's and merch to sell. After the show he goes behind the counter to sell his records and sign autographs. He sees me with lp's and says 'Vinyl, I sign that first.'
This photo was taken at The Bull Run in Shirley, MA June 21, 2004. One of my favorite venues. It is an old tavern/inn. There is a restaurant/bar on the first floor and the large concert venue/old ballroom for 500 or so people and smaller room on the upper floors. It is like a dinner theater. You pick your seats and table online and you can eat and drink during the show. They have a minimum but I usually have dinner with friends as I have driven up from Virginia. The waitresses do not enforce it so I usually give them a $20 tip an ask them to make sure I have water. The stage is also about 1-2 feet high so you are close to the action.

parker-1.jpg

I don't know how these photos look to other people. They do not look the best to me. I purposely scan at low resolution - 400 dpi. so they cannot be printed. My low end scanner also likes to pick up the grooves in the color slides which you can see in the Brian May photo. I prefer to use my low end scanner (Epson V330) as I can scan quickly where my pro scanner (Microtek) takes a lot longer.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 02-07-2021 at 01:26 AM.