View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

I guess your concern is valid if you are a "flipper" and are concerned with the card not dropping in value. While it's doubtless that there are other Broadleaf 460's out there, they may never surface in any great quantity. Even if a find of a few or a dozen were to occur they would be bought up quickly by advanced collectors and you probably wouldn't see them for sale again for a long time. that's just my guess. The prices would remain steady and would continue to rise as more T206 collectors try add to the demand. I would think it would take a signifigant "find" to cause the value to drop. When I mean signifigant ,I mean enough to satisify everyone who wants one ...I know at least 5 guys who would love one , but can not afford one. Cy Young was one of the most well known names in baseball so the chances of more of his cards surfacing are probably greater than say a common player. there is no way you can go back in time and get in the minds of the people that collected these cards though. they didn't do it for money so their motivation was probably based on love of favorite players, or a favorite team or just the game of baseball in general. My Grandpa saved dozens of tobacco cards , but was not a collector per say. He probably just liked the players , or the look of the card maybe.

Last edited by T206DK; 04-04-2010 at 07:14 PM.