View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 08:31 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

I'm not going to defend my post...but for clarity-

It was only a little over $100 in post war commons...definitely not enough to ask for a refund and negate the wonderful gift and effort my wife made. She did not tell him anything other than give him a list (according to her, as she again is proudly clueless) and the cards arrived creased and some off center...and after cross checking the invoice, she was charged NMT pricing. She got a box, with Deans Cards name on it, and she wrapped it, never even looking (like it would have mattered, lol). I NEVER expressed unhappiness with the cards to her, and after seeing what she was charged simply said if she ever wants to do that again......here is a better and easier place and gave her the name of a more reputable (in my eyes) dealer suggesting only that this is who I use on occasion either through Ebay (she hates Ebay) or direct.

Never thought to ask for paypal gift certs...but then again, never thought she would get me cards either...

So again...I stand by my F him comment, and in my eyes the principal matters here, not the small dollar amount of the fact we are talking about mere post war commons...to me in my opinion he took advantage of a knowingly clueless buyer...take it for what you will. Not trying to be Jesus or hold to unthinkable standard...but I think if ANYONE here felt their wife was taken advantage of for whatever reason, you'd be pissed. And that's how I feel.

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03