View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:36 PM

Default Feb Pickups

Nice pickups guys. That is a bummer about your padlock Mark, but hopefully Ebay's newly advertised buyer protection will come to your aid.

There are a couple of Eagles pennants that I know of that I need, but about 1 or so on average a year show up on ebay that I've never seen before. However, for some reason, 4 have shown up that I had never encountered before in the past couple of months. I showed the first 2 in the January Pickups. Now the newest 2.
The first is by far my favorite Eagles pennant pickup in a while. It is a Blue and Yellow rather crudely designed pennant. I think this is the only Eagles pennant I have come across that I can say with some degree of certainty that is from the 1930s. It could potentially even date to their inception in 1933, but I need to some research on this one (not sure where to start though).

The second pennant is a type that I have in 2 different color variations (green and white, and blue and gray), and now I found this new color variation - black felt with gray Eagle/lettering.

I also picked up a couple of neat early football photos.
The first is a cyanotype measuring baout 5 x 7, of a well equipped football team, with a ball marked AAA 1900, and the fellow on the front right who has a Christy Matthewson-esque look has AAA marked on his shin guards.

The second photo is roughly CDV sized, but a little short, photograph of 2 football players with an early melon football. One if the players sports a cool batwing noseguard. The card is marked with "The Empire" which I feel could be linking these 2 players to the Empire AC football team, which was a late 19th century pro team in the NJ NY area.

Lastly, I picked up this brown leather baseball with red stitching. Anyone have any idea on dating this ball? The ball is not a dirty white ball, but rather the leather is brown itself.

Last edited by vintagesportflips; 02-05-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Edited for some typos