View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 05:01 PM
Bob
Bob Comm.entucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram99 View Post
Someone gave out homework to report on the show. This was my first time attending the Philly show but it was great. My report is as follows:

Early bird attendance on Friday was very strong. Seemed very, very crowded to me in early hours of the show.

Much higher vintage to modern ratio than other shows I've gone to since reopening post-Covid.

Great assortment of vintage dealers, from guys specializing only in high-end graded to those with collector grade commons

Prices reflective of strong market, with the dealers of graded stuff perhaps recognizing a dip in prices since March/April, but certainly no crash

Great to meet some up with Net54 members and meet some others for the first time. I finally met Ted Zanidakis and a few others in person, which was a treat.

Tony
+1

It was a very good show. I hadn't been to a Philly show in years & this one didn't disappoint. I went specifically to upgrade some T206's and had to sell about 12 dupes to create cash to buy. I got the price I wanted at the first vendor I stopped at.

Prices were high but not obscene. It was great to see several tables with T206, which makes sense because the set is so hot still. My only (slight) regret was not being able to pull the trigger on a Demmitt 2 that was offered to me. Otherwise:

* Placed was packed on Saturday. Many young collectors in the crowd too, which is healthy for the overall future of card collecting.
* Show was run well but would have been nice to see the Booth #'s at each table. Most did not have them, making it somewhat difficult to locate specific vendors.
* Ran into a few Net 54'ers, including the Old Professor- Ted Z, whom it was a pleasure to have a nice discussion with.