View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 05:50 PM

Yes Steve, that card looks identical to mine. At the time, we classified it as a "blue tint" because there seemed to be a light whitish box covering over the sign that made the red areas of the sign almost appear to have a bluish tint to it.

You guys are right, the prices do seem to be dropping. Unfortunately, folks need to pay closer attention to the ad itself, rather than the label. As we all know, PSA has been pretty inconsistent with their labeling. I have about 15 Marlboro Ad Blacked out PSA cards that are really more of the boxed versions whereby the sign is obscured and not fully blacked out.

If PSA is only going with 3 different versions, I would say only those cards where Marlboro is clearly visible - clear version, green/aqua tint should be labeled Marlboro Ad on Scoreboard. Anything not fully blacked out would fall under Marlboro Ad Partially Obscured, and then the Marlboro Ad Blacked Out versions.

But certainly, similar to the Ripken cards, there are so many different versions, it would be tough for the graders to identify and track them all.