View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatorade View Post
What is usually a simple answer for 99.9% of cards is a problem too much of the time for PSA with the Marlboro error variations.

Let’s start with what should be an easy question. What is this card? Let’s say you own a 1989 Fleer Randy Johnson card and you ask yourself this simple question. According to PSA what is this card?

For pretty much any sports card ever produced you can answer this simple question by naming a few characteristics about the card. What player is on the card? What manufacturer produced the card? What year was the card produced? What is the card #? For the vast majority of cards ever made this will give you the answer for what card this is according to PSA.

Those questions don’t answer which of the above three variations the card is according to PSA. So what does PSA do to determine which of the versions they will label the card? Has anyone ever seen the definition of Ad on Scoreboard or Ad Partially Obscured or Ad Completely Blacked Out according to PSA? They’ve been using these labels for several years. With some of the biggest Marlboro collectors contributing to this thread I would think someone here could let me know the definition of each according to PSA?
it's a great question and PSA may not even know the answer to it themselves.

i have a bunch of them, all that you can certainly see the marlboro sign. and all of them are ad obscured. i've seen tons of them online that are marlboro on scoreboard that look like they barely have the sign on it. i'm at a shoulder shrug with this at this point, but would love to hear anyone else that knows more about it.