View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 09:19 PM
Bill Gregory

Nervous, or not, you really need to learn how to differentiate between a real card, and an inauthentic one. I cannot stress this enough. It's really not that difficult, and doing so offers you far greater protection than buying PSA slabbed cards alone could ever do. PSA slabs can be faked, and tampered with.

The mantra of Net 54 is "buy the card, not the flip" for a reason. If you automatically assume a PSA-slabbed card is authentic, you expose yourself to unnecessary risk.

I find it curious that you are so concerned about buying faked cards, but you then you have nothing but negative thoughts about Beckett. They may not command the same premium PSA does, but I've never seen a BGS slab tampered with. If authenticity is your chief concern, a Beckett-slabbed card would seem to be the way to go. You can always send it to PSA, and have them cross it over. Yes, it would cost you money, but if you ever decided to sell, you'd have iron clad provenance, as a unique serial number would be issued for your card, and you'd have been the only owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared6180 View Post
I get very nervous about buying fake cards and for this reason I will probably buy most if not all graded by PSA. I frankly do not trust BGS with anything as fragile as old cards, they barely get new cards done right plus their labels look like dog do-do with older cards.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.