View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 04:10 AM
Colin

Default Worthy of a PSA Review? What do you guys think?

Hi everyone!

New to the forum and wanted to start off by introducing myself. My name's Colin and I'm a long time reader who's finally decided to register and start posting.
I absolutely love the forum and I found it to be the best resource when I was first learning about T206. There is so much information on here it's absolutely nuts, and I need to thank you guys for the great stuff you do for people getting into the hobby.

I come to the forum today to get an opinion on my T206 Jimmy Collins. It is a recent pickup of mine that I've been considering sending in for a PSA review since in hand, I think the card looks especially nice, even for an 8.
It's super clean with pretty nice centering (about 45/55 Left-Right, and the same Top-Bottom if measuring from bottom of the name), corners and an excellent surface. It also has a low cert number which makes me think half grades weren't being used when it was first graded.
Right now, it's pop 11 none higher, so getting the bump to 8.5 would be super exciting and the thought has clouded my head when it comes to being objective about the card

Here's the gallery of photos, note that most of the tiny scratches shown in the pictures are actually on the slab:

https://imgur.com/a/co3vazv

T206 Jimmy Collins

Things I've noticed about the card that I think could hurt it:

- Top concern: Slight chipping/compression on lower left edge (picture #8)
- Blue ink registration goes slightly below bottom line on front
- Left to right centering on back (though many 9-10s have poor back centering)
- Tiny tobacco stains on back
- Bottom 2 corners look slightly better than upper 2

It would cost about $200 to have it reviewed by PSA (super express). Anyone think it could make the cut? Any opinions or questions are much appreciated! Glad to be part of the forum!

- Colin

Last edited by cmfxa; 12-04-2020 at 09:18 PM.