View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 07:22 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Back when Mastro was thriving, they had at least 2-3 of those Walter Pins. The Mastro examples all had the smaller Ball adornment. I was the high underbidder one time, and now I really wish I popped another bid or two. That ship has now sailed...

Another possible theory is that the big baseball charm was too heavy. It probably made the pin uncomfortable to wear, or perhaps the weight pulled the ribbon off completely. Looks very cumbersome and out of proportion, but great photo none-the-less!
Mark I totally agree it probably made the wearing the pin cumbersome and probably down right annoying.. But still would love to find one... Mike and Hank yes I to have those pins with the smaller ball for 1925. I have the other mate to the senators pin. Funny The 1934 tigers pin is such a fragile pin to find in condition. With the small pennant but that ball is damn near impossible to find.. Also that ball is about twice the size of the smaller ones used in the 1924 1925 pins. This is how it looked back in the day....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00221.jpg (184.1 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00222.jpg (174.9 KB, 297 views)

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..