View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 07:34 AM

Default 1957 Topps Basketball Set - Questions on Selling

Though I collect primarily baseball cards, I have some basketball and football cards from the 50s that I will be looking to sell in the next year or so. I sent a 1957 Topps Basketball set to PSA for grading. The "express" group came back with only 4s for Russell, Cousy and Heinsohn. If the grading is that tough for the other cards, I would guess that most will be 4s or 5s, with a couple of 3s and hopefully some 6s.
We are experiencing a wonderful "bubble" on the sale prices of especially the Russell cards, and to some extent Cousy. How long the "bubble" will last is anyone's guess. So, my questions and seeking your opinions:
1. Do I sell the Russell, Cousy and Heinsohn cards now, and go for today's prices (knowing they could go up further, or perhaps down)?
2. How would selling the Russell, Cousy and Heinsohn cards affect selling the rest of the graded cards in the set?
3. Should I wait for all cards in the set to come back graded (probably 2021), and try to sell as a set?
4. Does anyone see an increase in sales prices for some 50s football, like 1957 Topps Unitas RC and Starr RC?
Thank you in advance for your opinions. Would love to have a crystal ball! Jim