View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 03:46 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
Yeah. I'm a high school teacher. I routinely try to get my high school boys to understand audience. Jokes said to buddies at lunch is a much different audience than a classroom with kids, some of whom might not like you. And school is a different audience than parents/ grandparents. But a lot of my students want to be the same person to everyone they come in contact with. They tell me it's more honest. In my experience, a lot of arguments against PC stem from this idea about having to speak toward different audiences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
You're completely right, audience matters, and always has. If they let women in the locker room, of course you're going to tone it down out of decency and respect. And so on. That's just common sense, not being PC.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.